Sunday, September 5, 2010

Trailriding

Through July and August I continued to trailride Nova around the house, on the roads and up to town, she was progressing nicely as a trail horse and becoming more and more calm and easygoing. I started to teach her leg pressures, neck reining, tight turns, etc. A friend came over and brought a saddle to borrow so I was able to use a saddle for the first time with her. She did not react at all to being saddled and rode no differently in a saddle vs. bareback. She was calm and accepting of whatever I asked of her. I could now take her through water, jump logs, trot and canter up hills, and slowly descend hills. She would go into each of her gaits except for gallop which I had not asked yet, but was still slightly aggravated when trotting and cantering. Her training was progressing...



No comments:

Post a Comment