Sunday, September 5, 2010

Aquiring Nova

Well I wish I had started this a long time ago but it's always better late than never right? I got Nova at the beginning of summer 2010. Britney had found her online on craigslist and was only 20 minutes away from us. I was slightly looking for a horse, but hadn't made it a priority yet. She found a lady that was selling several horses and one of them was listed as a 15hh 6 year old grulla quarter horse which happens to be one of my two favorite colors. Now when you see a bay, a chestnut, etc. you at least have an idea of what the horse will look like, but with grullas there are so many different shades and I was sure this wouldn't be one I liked so why not email on it. Her asking price was $500 for an unbroke grade mare. I wasn't expecting much! Well a short time later I got my first picture of Nova.


After seeing this picture I had already fallen in love with her, well her coloring anyways, so we scheduled a time to go see her. Upon arrival I noticed that the horses weren't well taken care of. There were minis tied to poles with no grass around them and no water buckets, a paddock with 10 horses in it no bigger than the size of a riding arena, and some skinny horses. Smokey (original name) stuck out more than any horse there though in my eyes. She was spunky, full of life, and gorgeous!! The owner brought her out and I spent some time with her leading her, grooming her, and bonding. I was positive I wanted her! We settled on $450 delivered and scheduled delivery for the following Monday, May 31, 2010.

2 comments: