Sunday, September 5, 2010

Getting Nova Home

The owner called Monday morning and told us she was on her way and would be here in a half hour. Nova would have two companions in her pasture, Cami, my girlfriend's paint mare, and Kali, Cami's paint filly who at the time was only 3 months old. The trailer pulled into the driveway that morning and we unloaded her into the pasture where she immediately established her dominance over the other two by squealing, kicking, and biting. While most people don't like the dominant mares I loved it! I knew it would give her more spunk under saddle and watching her I knew she had some athleticism in her body. I knew I wanted to get started on her training as soon as possible but she did need a break in period so I gave her the morning and afternoon to settle in and start packing in some groceries...here's a picture of the first day here.

No comments:

Post a Comment