Sunday, September 5, 2010

Nova's first time mounted

The first night my girlfriend's parents came over. So...what better time than now to climb on? I knew she was not broke but by just jumping on an unbroke horse it tells me so much on how her training will go. I'm not scared to be bucked or reared off, so why not. Here's a picture of the first time on:


Nova was somewhat of a handful on the ground, she was hard to catch, hated being groomed, pinned her ears and swung her butt at you, but once on top of her she was eager to please. She didn't know anything about her cues, but once she understood what you wanted she would do whatever she could to do so. I was only on for 5 minutes with a halter and leadrope that night and quickly decided that was enough, she was already doing better than I had ever anticipated. I didn't expect to be riding much all summer, only training. I quickly knew that training her would be easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment