Sunday, September 5, 2010

A step up in training

Well Nova was officially at the point that she was a trail horse, she would walk, trot, canter on the trail, stop, and back up. She was no longer opinionated on what she wanted to do or which way she wanted to go, she only responded to my wishes. So at this time I decided it was time to step up her training. We started working on figure 8's, tight circles in W/T/C, better neck reining, transitions such as walk to canter, stopped to canter, and several others. I have found weird things to do to push her boundaries such as flexing in the water, stepping up on logs, and several others. This is our current point in her training and she is very willing and progressing wonderfully! In fact yesterday I was able to put an 8 year old on her and let him ride her around without any issues.






*I have horrible position in these pictures, I know. It had been a while since I've been "under saddle"

No comments:

Post a Comment